- What are the most important organizations to offer scholarships?
There are a lot of scholarships, offered by German organizations with different political aims and alignments. We will mention the following:
- Deutscher Akademischer Auslandsdienst DAAD
- StiftungFriedrich Ebert
- StiftungFriedrich Naumann
- StiftungRosa Luxemburg
- Studienstiftung des deutschen Volks
- Stipendien Erasmus
- What documents are needed in order to recieve a scholarship?
As there is a lot of competition for these scholarships, the demands are quite high. In order to be eligible, you need to stand out from the mass of applicants and present yourself in the best way.
The documents needed for an application for scholarship are the following:
- Certificate of Secondary Education, at least with grade “good”
- Certificate of university degree (if applying for Master degree)
- Certificate of master degree (if applying for PHD)
- Certificate of German language skills (level B1) (not always required, depends on the organization giving the scholarship).
- Certificate of English language skills (TOEFL/IELTS) (not always required, depends on the organization giving the scholarship).
- Certificate of other language skills (not required).
- Proof of any practical experience in your study area
- Proof of work in an NGO or other organization concerned with social/environmental or humanitarian topics in order to show your personal concern with social, environmental or humanitarian matters
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letters